A Cebuana globe trotter , gourmand and chef following her…
I had been bombarded with stressful situations lately. Being on shielding* for March, somehow took a toll on my physical and mental well-being, as I had been avoiding going out of the house and just stay inside. It is revolting for someone who is an extrovert like me. But, eventually, I had been venturing to the path of wellness not just physically but a holistic approach.
My very first encounter with Essential Oils was not even back in my Chemistry class in high school, but instead, in the kitchen of my late aunt, Mama Yonie, who whips up a storm in the kitchen with her fabulous homemade dishes that will satiate not only the body but as well as the soul. She had introduced me to aromatics and essential oils — in my young mind, is equivalent to Lemongrass, Pandan, Garlic, and Onion. Who would have thought that these kitchen staples have potent essential oils in them? Just a whiff and I am in Cloud 9.
Another unforgettable encounter with Essential Oils was with Winnie Fannon in an event back in Cebu when we [Cebu Bloggers Society, where I was a member before] were invited. It was the first time we were invited to such an event, to think, Essential Oils were not as widely used in that side of the city. It was an enlightening talk with Winnie, as she shared her personal journey to wellness through Essential Oils. It is also a day of revelation, as we had been able to sample out the Lemon Essential Oil placed on a cold glass of water to cool ourselves from the heat of the day. I think that was back in 2013 or 2016. Then we met again a few years later to give me some encouragement to start my oily journey. It was not until this year that I decided to start.
So what are Essential Oils?
Essential oils have also been used for thousands of years for cosmetic purposes, as well as for their spiritually and emotionally uplifting properties. Primarily extracted through careful steam distillation but also cold pressing, the purest essential oils are far more powerful than the botanicals from which they were extracted. Any time you hold a bottle of our powerful essential oils, you are holding nature’s pure essence. Read more HERE
Reasons why I made the #LifestyleSwitch:
- Essential Oils bring a sense of calm and rejuvenation amid a very stressful day. It also helps you attain a certain level of relaxation when you either inhale its diffused state or apply it (diluted of course) to tired muscles and feet.
- Essential Oils can be added to food to enhance its flavour profile as well as its nutritional content. Some essential oils like Rosemary, Lemongrass, Thyme, and Basil elevates dishes that are not just delicious, but also healthy.
- Essential oils, together with carrier oils such as Coconut, Sweet Almond, and Jojoba oils can be made into all-natural, non-plastic, DIY body and hair care like soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, and hair sprays. It avoids harmful chemicals that can damage your scalp, your skin, and as well as your hair. And, it cleans your hair and body from unwanted pile-ups of toxic chemicals plus, it is environment friendly! A big win for Mother Earth 🙂
- Essential Oils can be applied to natural ingredients like White Vinegar, Baking Soda, and Water to create DIY household cleaners. It can help eliminate dirt, bacteria, molds as you scrub them, and then, when diffused, it can help purify the air and can act as a dehumidifier when placed on a cotton ball and placed in corners of the room.
- When diffused in water, Essential Oils can bring not only a calm state of mind but a sense of balance and peace.
My Own Essential Oil Blends
As I was curious about how these potent essential oil works, I had changed the proportion and strength of the essential oil as it is diluted to its carrier medium (in my case, it is water). I had been suffering from Allergic Rhinitis and migraines with a bad case of not being able to sleep.
True enough, when I had my essential oils plus diffuser, my ailments slowly start to cease. I felt at peace knowing that these diffused oils bring a potent punch to the normal atmosphere. Also, sleeping with the comforting nuances of essential oils help bring rest.
[DISCLAIMER: Experience varies from person to person. I am just sharing what I had felt when I started my oily journey].
So if you wanted to learn more about how Young Living Essential Oils made an impact in my life, drop me a message, and let’s talk! 🙂